What the Bible says about light and seed

The True Light "In him, (the Lord Jesus) was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world,…the world didn’t recognize him." John 1:4,9.

The Good Seed and the Weeds “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seeds in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away. Matthew 13:24,25.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Judging Miracles


Reblogged from gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher

Q. I’m watching pastors and people I have gone to church with in the past 4 years turn more and more to signs and wonders and human effort  but now I realize that they’ve been lead away from the Blood of the Lamb toward the “man as god” scenario. Please tell me what you think about all this.  How do I explain that I can’t participate with this because I strongly feel that the Holy Spirit is telling me to depart from them?


A. Many believers insist that miracles or other signs and wonders validate ministries so they don’t exerise any discernment.  In Mark 9:39 Jesus said, “No one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me.” To me that means that the miracle and the teaching will be consistent, so you can judge the miracle by the teaching that follows it.  If the teaching is not consistent with Biblical truth, then the miracles are counterfeit and you’re right not to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is appreciated and helps me in choosing various subjects for my posts. Thank you. Ce blogger apprécie vos commentaires qui l´aident à choisir de nouveaux thèmes.. Seus comentarios são bemvindos e ajudam este blogger na escolha de uma variedade de temas.