What the Bible says about light and seed

The True Light "In him, (the Lord Jesus) was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world,…the world didn’t recognize him." John 1:4,9.

The Good Seed and the Weeds “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seeds in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away. Matthew 13:24,25.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

"What God ordains" - Samuel Rodigast (1649-1708) - Josh Bauder


A new setting of the hymn text "What God Ordains" by Samuel Rodigast (1649-1708). Music composed by Josh Bauder.

Performed by the St. Thomas Alumni Choir, April 17, 2013; Casey Johnson, director and soloist; Josh Bauder, accompanist; recorded by Chris Muggli-Miller. Special thanks to Brittney Larson and Jon Tschiggfrie.

All music © 2013 by New Hope Music.


What God ordains is always good: His will is just and holy.
 As he directs my life for me, I follow meek and lowly. 
My God indeed in every need knows well how he will shield me; 
to him then I will yield me.

What God ordains is always good: He never will deceive me;
 He leads me in his own right way, and never will he leave me.
 I take content what he has sent; his hand that sends me sadness,
will turn my life to gladness.

What God ordains is always good: His loving thought attends me;
 No poison can be in the cup that my physician sends me.
 My God is true each morning new I trust his grace unending, 
my life to him commending.

What God ordains is always good: He is my loving father.
 He never seeks to do me harm though many storms may gather.
 Now though I know both joy and pain, some day I shall see clearly, 
that he has loved me dearly.

What God ordains is always good; This truth remains unshaken.
 Though sorrow, need, or death be mine, I shall not be forsaken. 
I fear no harm, for with his arm He shall embrace and shield me; 
So to my God I yield me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is appreciated and helps me in choosing various subjects for my posts. Thank you. Ce blogger apprécie vos commentaires qui l´aident à choisir de nouveaux thèmes.. Seus comentarios são bemvindos e ajudam este blogger na escolha de uma variedade de temas.