What the Bible says about light and seed

The True Light "In him, (the Lord Jesus) was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world,…the world didn’t recognize him." John 1:4,9.

The Good Seed and the Weeds “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seeds in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away. Matthew 13:24,25.

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Secret Santa video - On the Road with Scott Pelley

Note from blogster:  
The same thing happened to me around 1995. Christmas was rapidly approaching and we had just enough money for a Christmas dinner. Nobody knew it but there was not enough money to buy presents for the kids.

One morning as I was working in the yard, a car stopped and a girl from church stepped out. In her hand she had an envelope that she handed me. She said that somebody from the church has asked her to give it to me. I asked her who it was so I could thank them. She replied that they preferred to remain anonymous. 

So I told her to thank the couple and added that the Lord had put it on their heart to think of us and that I was immensely grateful. As she drove away, I opened the envelope and to my great surprise, there were 5 brand new crisp $ 100 bills. You can imagine the joy and praise at the goodness of the Lord and of these sensitive people who listened to the prompting of the Holy Spirit and shared with us from the blessings of God.

I probably will never know who they are, but every Christmas I remember and delight in retelling the story as an example of Christian love coming from a generous, grateful heart. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is appreciated and helps me in choosing various subjects for my posts. Thank you. Ce blogger apprécie vos commentaires qui l´aident à choisir de nouveaux thèmes.. Seus comentarios são bemvindos e ajudam este blogger na escolha de uma variedade de temas.