What the Bible says about light and seed

The True Light "In him, (the Lord Jesus) was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world,…the world didn’t recognize him." John 1:4,9.

The Good Seed and the Weeds “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seeds in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away. Matthew 13:24,25.

Monday, August 9, 2010

The Inescapable Curtain

Metamorphosis

Written and published by Jean-Louis 
http://thelightseed.blogspot.com


The dreams of youth germinate
Into cocoons of silky threads
Patiently woven over seamingly endless years

Butterfly wings overburdened
By teary clouds
Find their final abode
Among fading flowers
Gathered in passing

Memories collected
In our music boxes
Loosen their fleeting hold
To awaken yet again
The dear voices of the past

And the steps of the dance
Wind down and fade
Discreetly behind the curtain
Up and away the soul flies
in a flutter of wings
 
Then, later on, the box opens again
And the notes chime anew
On the shelf of remembrance

 Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:16
 For, "All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall"  I Peter 1:24 NIV (©1984)

Jean-Louis

3 comments:

  1. I have read through many of your fabulous Spiritual Poems and will come back to read more of your 'Seasons in the Life of a Christian.
    Love it and feel my quickly assembled compilation of my life held in my Blog...is as detail-free as I can write. I apologize for my wordiness. In a world with brief patience and like children, preferences toward images instead of words or information! I agree with the commenting person above...& because God loved David's Psalms,I feel certain that God loves poetry such as these and your love poems...of a Christ led man. :)
    Your poems are each exquisite, with delicate nuances, a reader can sense and emotive, but not duplicating what others may have attempted. I admire your work of carefully selected words, my Brother. Thank you for sharing them with us.
    This is a time and season when topics of ugly things such as death, evil, anger, promiscuity, violence & fear are what appeals to the remaining readers now.
    Believers have discovered that poetry and other true gifts of language seem lost to time.
    As a writer/reader most of my life, I find that appreciation for art not as dark as most of today are familiar with

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Unknown, maybe to me, but certainly well known by the Father of Lights and our Lord Jesus. I appreciate your visit and your taking the time to leave a gracious comment and kind words of encouragement. If you have a lot to share, I don´t consider it wordiness. No need to apologize, really. I just posted another poem, newly published after updates revision, but in reality 11 years old. It was written in the US.
      The update, I felt was needed after the period of adaptation to my new country, language and culture. I am always interested in seeds, roots and growth, hence the images that are not present in the original French.
      The original poem was really lyrics for a song composed by the author and composer Tom Jobim (Girl from Ipanema0 for the anniversary of his passing a few years ago. So now you know the rest of the story. God bless you.

      Delete

Your comment is appreciated and helps me in choosing various subjects for my posts. Thank you. Ce blogger apprécie vos commentaires qui l´aident à choisir de nouveaux thèmes.. Seus comentarios são bemvindos e ajudam este blogger na escolha de uma variedade de temas.