What the Bible says about light and seed

The True Light "In him, (the Lord Jesus) was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world,…the world didn’t recognize him." John 1:4,9.

The Good Seed and the Weeds “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seeds in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away. Matthew 13:24,25.

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Welcome!

This Christian blog is about seeds, good and bad, and light, true and false whose main goal is encouragement, exhortation and spiritual discernment through articles, biblical studies, testimonies, stories and poetry.

My desire and primary purpose is to honor God the Creator and Father and Jesus-Christ His Son, the sustainer of the universe and the Savior of mankind, then to edify believing brothers and sisters in Christ and to disseminate  His Gospel or Good News, his message of love, mercy, pardon and redemption to a dying world.
  • Seeds as beginning of life in the form of thoughts, ideas, suggestions and  words, constructive or destructive.
  • Light as a guide to help travelers on their life journey.
Both are found in the person of Jesus-Christ, the Beginning and the End and everything in between, revealed, accurately portrayed and faithfully recorded and preserved through the pages of the Holy Bible from the books of Genesis to Revelation.

I started blogging in 2007. At the time, having a multilingual blog sounded like a good idea. Now I have decided that downsizing is in order. Concentrating on the ease of navigating and finding specific posts greatly reduces the reader´s frustration.
Highlighting my own writing became an almost impossible task. Browsing the statistics, the highest numbers went to my personal posts especially to the testimonies describing my own experiences with God and stories illustrating the Christian life.
So after seven years of blogging labor, I learned my lesson. Jacob the patriarch and I have this in common; I have a beautiful and wonderful wife who taught me everything I know about blogging after we met. 

If you are a faithful reader, I ask for your patience as I am going to post fewer entries in order to reorganize this blog and redirect reader traffic to my “English only” blog with the same title. Please, come and visit my new blog at:
http://lightnseed.blogspot.com

If you are a first time visitor, Welcome to the Light Seed.
I appreciate your visit and I hope that you enjoy the experience as much as I do writing. I pray that you receive a blessing and share it with others.
If you have any helpful suggestions they will be considered. Please keep in mind that I believe that content and substance are more important than form and methods especially when the subject is spiritual life.
 

Jean-Louis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is appreciated and helps me in choosing various subjects for my posts. Thank you. Ce blogger apprécie vos commentaires qui l´aident à choisir de nouveaux thèmes.. Seus comentarios são bemvindos e ajudam este blogger na escolha de uma variedade de temas.