What the Bible says about light and seed

The True Light "In him, (the Lord Jesus) was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world,…the world didn’t recognize him." John 1:4,9.

The Good Seed and the Weeds “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seeds in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away. Matthew 13:24,25.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

THE LOST LITTLE LAMB - Part I

The lost little lamb. A short story. Part I
Written and published by Jean-Louis 
http://thelightseed.blogspot.com 

To read Part II click Here

John 15:10-13 (NIV) 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

Luke 15:4-6 (NIV) 4 “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’

Baa… baa… baa! This heart wrenching bleating sound startled the young shepherd half asleep on the grassy knoll from which he used to keep a watchful eye on the sheep and the goats at his older brother´s farm. Still immersed in his usual day dreams, he sat up straight with a disquieted glance toward the bottom of the fenced pastures that separated the sheep from the goats. The  flock of  sheep gathered in small clusters, some resting peacefully on the grass, others swallowing the last mouthful of grass before joining the rest to ruminate. He could not exactly pinpoint the spot where the bleating came from, but he perceived that the distress call emanated from the outer edge of the farmland adjoining the forest.

While running towards the unceasing cries, gathering to a pitch level of harrowing intensity, his thoughts traveled back to the dawn of the preceding summer when around 6:00 AM, he was awakened with a start by a dreadful concert of distress calls that could signify only one thing. The goats which spent the warm summer nights outside the barn were in danger. He had yet to ascertain the origin and the gravity of their predicament.

Once he had raised the gate, he had discovered several goats with a bleeding throat not far from the protective cover of the stable that they were trying to reach, stumbling because of their weakness on the path full of scattered pools of blood. He could not believe his eyes, his favorite goats each of them known by their names and personalities were climbing the hill out of breath, apparently trying to escape a still unknown sinister danger. From looking at the throat of his animals, he concluded that it could only be the result of one thing. This was the indisputable signature of a wolf or a wild dog that jumped the fence and spread panic among the flock. The ones that had no wounds were those with horns strong and sharp enough that they used as a successful defense.

Alas, as he approached the gate left half open by the ensuing stampede , he had a hard time stemming the backed up flow of tears when he understood the reason for this carnage. Three dogs among which was his own mixed German shepherd were still running after the poor defenseless goats that were running in circles around the perimeter of the enclosure without finding the exit. In a state of disorientation, fright and exhaustion, they were falling one right after the other under the sharp teeth of the Rottweilers, as the blood coming out of their torn throats was splattered all over the green arena in the fresh morning breeze.

A sudden surge of anger took hold of him and without thinking, he had started gathering stones. As a sharp shot trained in his native country to zero in on bottles and tin cans, he was throwing them at the hungry dogs that turned around with an ugly snarl and menacing growl. He decided to drive back the predators with his faithful shepherd walking stick. Finally, seeing that the survivors had escaped, the two dogs had jumped the fence and disappeared. A total of seven goats died and many others were wounded. Later in the day, in order to stop it from happening again, he had placed a wolf trap with fresh meat to attract and capture alive the Rottweilers that had escaped from their owner´s house and were running around the country side for three days looking for food.
I hope to meet you again soon for the second and final part of the story of our young shepherd and his lost lamb.

Jean-Louis.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I've just been led to your blog through "Serve Him The Waiting".
    After reading your posts on the "Lost Little Lamb" I thought you might like to read something I wrote a little while ago. "The Wounds Of My Friend Jesus" is beautiful too! God bless ...

    HIDE ME IN THE PASTURE OF YOUR LOVE (A Song for Those Who Have Lost Their Way)

    I’m just a little lamb Lord
    Who’s lost its lonesome way
    I’m just a little lamb Lord
    Went out in the world to play

    Chorus
    So I come before You now Lord
    In the pasture of Your love
    Hide me in Your arms Lord
    Hide me in the pasture of Your love

    My heart is beating fast Lord
    There’s danger all around
    I’m just a little lamb Lord
    Bleating desperately to be found

    Chorus
    So I come before You now Lord
    In the pasture of Your love
    Hide me in Your arms Lord
    Hide me in the pasture of Your love

    Strayed once too often, now all alone
    In fields, uncertain and oh! so cold
    I’m just a little lamb Lord
    Forgive me and bring me into Your fold

    Chorus
    So I come before You now Lord
    In the pasture of Your love
    Hide me in Your arms Lord
    Hide me in the pasture of Your love

    I see You now Lord, Your arms are open wide
    And tenderly You lift me
    This little lamb’s now by Your side
    I’m just a little lamb Lord
    A little lamb, now with a peaceful heart
    I’m just a little lamb Lord
    Now safe knowing we’ll never be apart

    Chorus
    Oh! I stand before You now Lord
    In the pasture of Your love
    You’ve hidden me in Your arms Lord
    I’m hidden in the pasture of Your love

    © 2013 Liana Wendy Howarth

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is appreciated and helps me in choosing various subjects for my posts. Thank you. Ce blogger apprécie vos commentaires qui l´aident à choisir de nouveaux thèmes.. Seus comentarios são bemvindos e ajudam este blogger na escolha de uma variedade de temas.